Commercial And Residential Real Estate Transactions In Texas
The North Texas area is growing rapidly. Denton County in particular is experiencing tremendous commercial and real estate development. With the surge of interest in extracting oil and gas from the Barnett Shale in Denton and the surrounding counties, questions concerning oil and gas leases and mineral interests have become more and more common.
Providing Skilled And Board-Certified Legal Assistance In Texas
At BROCKLEGAL, PLLC, we devote a substantial portion of our law practice to matters of real estate, staying current on local residential and commercial real estate markets and trends. We regularly work with real estate developers, sellers, buyers, landlords, tenants, cities, municipalities, and property owners’ associations.
Our founding attorney is board-certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both residential and commercial real estate since 1991. This means that she has met the high standards of the State Bar of Texas regarding a level of knowledge, the years of practice and percentage of practice devoted to real estate law.
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Lawyers In Flower Mound
During your commercial property transaction, we will help you forge the deal and craft the critical contract of sale. After the contract is signed, we will advise you regarding the appropriate “due diligence” investigation of your property purchase. As part of our representation, we will review the survey and title documentation, helping you resolve any title issues, as well as any other legal matters that may arise during the course of your transaction.
Commercial lending documents are complex, and we will review those documents for you and provide a checklist of the actions required to keep you in compliance. With vast experience in the real estate industry and more than 30 years of practice in Denton County, we have the knowledge and experience to make deals work, and to serve as your representative in development negotiations with a county or a municipality.
Other real property transactions we handle include:
- Drafting deed restrictions to establish development standards
- Forming a property owner’s association to enforce those standards
- Curing title “clouds” or defects
- Limiting the surface development rights of mineral interest owners
- Establishing agreements that provide for access between adjacent tracts
- Assisting with foreclosure on real estate
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial leases
- Assisting with residential development projects
We Represent Residential Buyers And Sellers
If you are purchasing or selling a residential property, we will help you by:
- Reviewing or drafting contracts of sale/earnest money contracts, reviewing the sale agreement prepared by your broker or drafting a contract in a “For Sale By Owner” transaction
- Reviewing and interpreting title commitments and property title searches, explaining your coverage benefits and limitations
- Reviewing surveys to locate flowage, drainage, access easements and other matters
- Reviewing loan documents and comparing them with buyer or seller expectations
- Giving clients advice and answering questions regarding any aspect of a real estate transaction
- Reviewing documents and giving preclosing conferences, as well as attending closings with clients
We also assist homeowners by:
- Reviewing, advising and revising oil and gas leases
- Clarifying the respective rights of surface owners and those of mineral owners
- Helping with foreclosure advice and action
- Negotiating and resolving boundary disputes