Clear And Caring Counsel
Brock Zettle Legal Team

Handling Probate And Estate Administration Matters For Texans

When someone you love passes away, many questions arise. If there is a will, does it need to be recognized as genuine by the local probate court? What happens if there is no will? How much does the probate process cost? Must a personal representative of the estate be appointed by the probate court? How long will the process take? How is the title to the deceased person’s property changed to the name of the ultimate recipient? What debts have to be paid, and who is liable for them? What is required when property is in a trust? What if minor children are involved?

At Brock Zettle, our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined legal experience, most of them helping guide Texas families through the probate process. Recognizing that this is a difficult time for you and your family, we will sit with you, answer all your questions and work hard to make the process as smooth as possible.

Guiding You Through The Probate Process In Texas

A formal probate of the deceased’s estate may or may not be necessary. In Texas, several informal probate procedures may be available in lieu of a full, formal court probate proceeding. In some instances, neither formal nor informal probate is required.

During your initial consultation, we will examine the decedent’s estate planning and other legal documents, such as a will or trust, and listen carefully to the goals you define for your loved one’s estate. Based on the information you provide, we will determine the most appropriate option for your situation, guiding you through every step of the process. Often, this includes gathering estate assets, paying any debts, paying taxes and transferring assets – such as real property – to the heirs or beneficiaries.

If you are the personal representative of the estate, we will help you perform your job with confidence by providing knowledge and support to honor the financial, ethical and legal obligations that come with your responsibilities. Some of the documents needed may include:

  • Letters testamentary
  • Letters of administration
  • Affidavits of heirship
  • Determination of heirship
  • Small estate affidavit

Transferring Trust Assets Without Probate

We can also help if the decedent’s property is in a trust. Having drafted countless trusts, we know how to review the trust instrument and advise the successor trustee or the beneficiaries of the appropriate obligations and actions.

Compassionate Legal Guidance During This Difficult Time

When a loved one or a friend has passed away, contact our Flower Mound probate lawyers at Brock Zettle for advice. Send us an email or call us at 972-843-5303 to schedule a consultation.